A rare factory hand built model of a T-54 Series Russian Tank, circa 1950.
Models such as these were built as presentation gifts. The T-54 series tanks first appeared in 1949 as replacements for the T-34 tank of World War 2. It was used extensively during the Cold War and was supplied to or produced by the Warsaw Pact countries in the 1960’s-1970’s. Then later used by the allies in the Middle East. The tank has over 50 years of service and is still used today!